Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Conversation with Dan Marques

Last week I had the chance to sit down with Dan Marques and get a better understanding of his approach to blogging and entrepreneurship. After observing many entrepreneurs, it seems to me there is a spectrum from those who wish to do whatever they can to make the most cash and those who want to truly innovate and offer something completely new to society. I asked Dan where he felt his own motivations are. He commented on how his goal is not to come up with money making schemes nor try to invent the cure for cancer but rather focus on developing innovative systems for his entrepreneurial ventures. Undergoing the development of multiple businesses through Invenio, Dan continues to shape systems that will allow him to simply press start and have all the necessary pieces in place.

I agree that system development allows entrepreneurs to maximize both their time and success rate. Currently, my biggest hindrance is probably researching potential business ideas. Hopefully I can develop some sort of system of research that can allow me to understand a market without having to spend weeks researching. Of course, this type of approach would be used for smaller scale ventures where extensive and scientific research would not be required.

"Marketing is the fuel that drives the business engine"
Dan Marques

I thought Dan's quote was pretty good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I came upon your site by way of Dan's blog. I am currently working on RoundOne.com, which is a site for budding entrepreneurs. One thing we offer is blog content, and we are looking to syndicate content from other's entrepreneurship blogs (we are currently syndicating Dan's blog). Since you have a feed of this blog available, we can syndicate this blog too (with your permission of course)! Just let me know and please check out RoundOne, it is a great resource for entrepreneurs. You can let us know if you are willing to syndicate by using the contact us link at the bottom of the page. Thanks!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home