Friday, April 14, 2006

Building Relationships

Yesterday, I attended Boston University's Net Impact Case Competition, and was able to meet and listen to the key note speaker, Mike Sears. Mr. Sears is the former CFO of Boeing, a little company that builds toy-planes, and I was really inspired by the emphasis on relationship building that he had in his speech. The general purpose of the speech was addressing ethics, however his focus on developing a relationship with all those involved in your business, reminds me that you cannot focus on making money first.

This applies perfectly to my DJ Business Liquid Point Entertainment. In a service business, building the customer relationship must come first, considering the customer has usually no tangible evidence of the quality of my service. Once I establish a relationship with my client, they place trust in me and in my services, which of course in the end leads to profits!

"If you build it (relationships), they will come (money)!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home